Sunday, July 17, 2011

Garage Sailing IX: I'm writing a book with this number in the title

Photobucket

As you can see, this was a motherfucking fantastic week, for a somewhat obvious reason. But I'm not going to talk about it until the veeeeeeeeery last item! =D

Photobucket

Morrie grabbed this Pizza cutter, because we sometimes make Pizza and it's a pain to cut. Of course, I found a much nicer one later, which I didn't pick up. HO WELLS!

Photobucket

Morrie loves Batman. Now she can eat off him.

This is an awesome development in our lives.

Photobucket

As mentioned in previous posts, Morrie is growing plants in the windows. She's wanted a larger trough-style planter for awhile. Now she has one!

Photobucket

Huh...I really don't have much to say about most of these items do I? I got these for a dollar total. I know they're completely useless now, and I don't even play WoW right now. But I really miss old world...and I thought it would be fun to thumb through these. I know, I'm a pack rat, but I keep my apartment clean and organized, so I figure it's all good. >.>

Photobucket

Morrie is a big fan of hiking and whatnot. The book is a few years out of date, but I thought we might be able to find some good tips in here about places to go.

Photobucket

This is something I have a few things to say about.

Almost every garage sale has books at it. And nearly without fail, those books are shit. Maybe people only sell their shit books, or maybe people only read shit books. Either way, I'm tired of Nora Roberts, and books with titles like "The Passion amongst the Meadows of my Heart." Very rarely I find books which I would actually read.

So when I saw books sitting on a card table on the driveway of a suburban house, with a 30-something mom sitting, I didn't think anything of it.

Then I saw what the books were. These aren't even all of the good ones, just the ones which looked most interesting to me. And, pleasantly enough, I had a 10 minute conversation about Ulysses with the literary-minded woman whom I jadedly dismissed. Just goes to show you how easy it is to pre-judge.

Photobucket

Working Game Boy Color to add to my video game hardware collection. Totally worth the dollar it cost me.

Photobucket

So apparently I picked it up during a really poor weekend which I chose not to photograph or document, but not long ago I found a purple duck billed platypus Beanie Baby which was OMG awesome. I gave it to a friend who is a huge fan of Perry The Platypus.

Well, today, I found an identical platypus which is four times the size. I might give this one to him as well...though maybe not. =P

Photobucket

Morrie already had a chair, but this chair is much nicer. It had arm rests as well, but Morrie removed them. It's pretty comfortable, and as an added bonus, we now have a spare chair for when company comes over!

Photobucket

Alright, here we go. I've always loved riding my bike. I've loved doing so since I was a wee child. For the last few years, though, I haven't had a bike. In fact, the last time I rode my bike was in the summer of 2008, when I picked it up from my parent's house, took it up to my apartment, and spent a very frustrated day attempting to ride it around Bellingham with a busted chain, busted gears, and just about busted everything.

It hasn't been on my mind much these days, as I'm pretty busy. However, Morrie is also pretty interested in bike riding. Her bike is presently in a storage unit in California, but her parents will be bringing it up when they visit in August. So, looking forward to being able to ride with her, I've been looking into bikes.

NEW bikes, though, cost a lot of money. Like hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. Way more than I can afford. I've been hoping to find one at a garage sale, but most of them are rusted to hell.

Then Morrie noticed this one. No rust, perfect size for me, tagged at $45. After a test ride, and a bit of haggling, I forked over $35 and loaded this beauty into my car.

I am one pleased fellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment